There's nothing like a little sweet, a little sour, a little sticky, and whole lotta flavor to taunt your tastebuds. The best thing about this recipe? You can make these in less time than it would take to get take-out!
Prep Time: 8 minutes
2 racks baby back ribs (about 1 1/2 lbs each)
1/4 c hoisin sauce
1/4 c Chinese plum sauce or apricot preserves
1/4 c rice wine vinegar or white wine vinegar
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp minced garlic (optional)
1. Adjust oven rack to 6 inches from broiler. Preheat broiler to high.
2. Line large shallow baking pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Cut racks into individual ribs and arrange ribs meaty side down, close together but not touching.
3. In small bowl, combine remaining ingredients, stir well. Spoon 1/3 sauce over ribs.
4. Broil 10 mins. Turn ribs meaty side up and additional 1/3 sauce.
5. Broil ribs 6 mins, then spoon on remaining 1/3 sauce. Broil and additional 4 mins or until ribs are crispy and done.
Tip: For a special touch, sprinkle the ribs with sesame seeds and slice scallions before serving and set ou a dish of the extra plum sauce on the side.
For a nice side dish to compliment, make some vegetable fried rice.