Saturday, April 18, 2009
Mouthwatering French Toast Casserole
A good friend sent me this recipe that her mother-in-law made for Easter morning. Oh my, but this dish is delish!!
1 cup brown sugar, either light or dark
2 tbs corn syrup
1/2 c butter
1.Melt brown sugar, corn syrup and butter together in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth.
2. Spray a 13x9-in pan with Pam and cover the bottom of the pan with the brown sugar mix.
2-3 cans crescent rolls
1 1/2 c milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1. Roll the crescent dough into crescents and place in pan over the brown sugar mix. (3 cans will leave only a little space between the rolls, but 2 cans leaves plenty of space. I usually use 3 cans in my casserole)
2. Mix the eggs, milk, vanilla, and salt together. Pour over the rolls.
3. At this point, the casserole must sit in the refrigerator at least 8 hours before baking but can be made the night before and refrigerated overnight.
4. Remove casserole from refrigerator and let sit for 30 minutes. This is to allow your pan time to come to room temperature. (If you are using Corningware or metal, you can skip this step). Preheat oven to 350.
5. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
Posted by The Drama Mama