Everyone loves my baked chicken! Prep time for this isn't too bad. I usually use a can of cream of chicken soup to cover the chicken before baking, but I came across a terrific gravy recipe the other night and it was so much more yummy!
- 2 lbs. uncooked chicken breasts (or 5-6 chicken breasts)
- 1 bag Success boil-in-a-bag rice
- 1 can cream of chicken soup or homemade chicken gravy (recipe below)
- 1 packet Herb Chicken slow cooker seasoning
- salt and pepper
- chicken seasoning blend
- mesquite chicken seasoning
- Tony Chachere's
- Mrs Dash Table Blend
- 1 c water
- 1 tsp cooking oil
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pour water along the bottom of the baking pan (I use a 2 qt oblong glass pan), just enough to cover the bottom.
2. Cook rice according to package directions.
3. Mix 1 c water, 1 tsp cooking oil, seasoning packets and seasonings in a large mixing bowl.
4. Add chicken to bowl, coating both sides in the marinade. Place bowl with marinating chicken in the refrigerator until rice is ready.
5. Make gravy according to recipe directions below.
6. Drain rice and add it to the bottom of the baking dish. Take chicken breasts and lay across the top of the rice, until all breasts are on top. Pour gravy evenly across the top of the chicken until the entire top of the baking pan is covered.
7. Bake at 375 for about 25-30 minutes, checking chicken often. Chicken is done when it is all white.
Homemade Chicken Gravy:
- 1/4 c flour
- 1/4 c butter, melted
- 2 c. water
- 2 tsp. chicken bouillon granules (I used 2 packets of ramen noodle seasoning)
In a skillet, combine all ingredients. Cook and stir until thickened.
Since I am always on the hunt for new ways to eat the same old food, I came across this recipe. We still prefer our chicken from the first recipe, but this one really shakes our tastebuds up a little bit.
- 1 (2 to 3 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme (or italian seasoning)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I use the pwoder kind you top pizza and spaghetti with. It sticks better)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (I use the jarred dry parsley)
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
2. Oil roasting pan lightly, and arrange chicken in pan. Sprinkle with melted butter or margarine.
3. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes. Remove from oven, and pour wine over all. Cover, and bake an additional 15 minutes. Note: if you dip the chicken in egg before shaking it up, the breading will stay on better.
Enjoy your chicken!!