Monday, June 1, 2009

Sloppy Joe Turnovers


Oh yum! Just the name makes my mouth water! Someone posted this recipe on a message board I "hang out" on. Once I made it, I just knew I had to share it! It's a very simple recipe, but it is time consuming, so be prepared to set aside about an hour to fix this.

  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1/4 c onion
  • 1/2 c ketchup
  • 1/4 c sour cream
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 10 0z. can refrigerated biscuits (I used Pillsbury Grand Homestyle buttermilk)

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Brown ground beef and onion in a skillet. Drain grease. Add ketchup, sour cream, salt, and garlic powder. Let simmer for 2 minutes.

3. Roll out biscuits (just press them out with your hands). Place heaping spoonfuls of the meat mixture in the center of the biscuit. Fold over the biscuit to cover the meat and press the edges together with a fork to seal. Cut slit on top of turnover.

4. Bake turnovers on a nonstick cookie sheet for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.


Note: Add some cheese or a cheese sauce to the top of the biscuit.

I made these turnovers but tried a different mixture inside, and found I liked it better than the sloppy joe mix.

  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 boil-in-a-bag family size pkg Success rice
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 3/4 cup sour cream
  • 1 pkg onion soup mix
  • all my favorite seasonings

It tasted similar to swedish meatballs or stroganoff in a biscuit.

No comments: