Sunday, June 14, 2009

Wild West Baked Chili Mac


This is a Kraft recipe I found on the back of a box of Velveeta Shells n Cheese. I made it, added some things to it, and it came out delicious. Well, my husband and I found it delicious. Next time I won't make it so spicy....

Prep: 12 min. Cook: 30 min.

  • 1 24 oz. pkg. Velveeta Shells n Cheese Dinner
  • 2 14.3-15 oz cans of chili no beans (I used Hormel)
  • 1 8.5 oz pkg. cornbread mix, batter prepared as directed on package (I used Jiffy Mix)
  • 1 cup of diced onion and green pepper mix (my addition)
  • sprinkle of chili powder, 3 dashes of hot sauce (my addition)

1. Preheat oven to 375. Prepare shells n cheese according to package directions. Stir in chili, onion/pepper mix, and add in chili powder and hot sauce.
2. Spread into a 13x9-inch baking dish. Spread prepared cornbread batter on top of chili mixture to within 1 1/2 inch of edges.
3. Bake for 25-30 min. or until cornbread is golden brown and fully risen.

No comments: