This is my fail safe go to when I don't really feel like cooking. Sure, I gotta mess up some pots and pans, but it practically cooks itself. Don't even let me get started on the cheesy goodness that is involved in this dish either. With no extra effort on your part, you can make a meal that is not only filling, but will please the ENTIRE family, picky eaters included.
- 2 boxes Kraft Macaroni & Cheese
- 1.5 lbs ground beef
- 1 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 c sour cream
- 1 1/2 c milk
- 1/2 tbsp butter
Seasonings to taste:
Emerils Bam Bam hamburger seasoning
Mrs Dashs Table Blend
Salt & Pepper
1. Boil macaroni according to package directions. (I prefer al dente noodles).
2. Brown ground beef in a 10" skillet. When the meat is almost completely cooked, mix in your seasonings. Drain beef and set aside.
3. Drain noodles and put them back in the pot. Add butter and stir until butter is melted and covering all the noodles. Open and pour the cheese packets on top of the noodles and pour in the milk. Mix until all noodles are covered in the cheese sauce. Sauce will be thin.
4. Add meat, then the cheese, and mix both well until the meat is well blended and the cheese is melted. Sauce should be thick. Add in sour cream, mix well, and serve with your favorite veggies.
This makes my favorite leftovers too!