Monday, November 23, 2009

Garlic Chicken Stir Fry


It's been a busy day with less hours then I needed in order to get everything done. Monday's are usually slow cooker nights, but I wasn't home early enough to get it set up. I found myself browsing the internet for......something. I knew it would have chicken in it, and I had thought rice, but well, it didn't quite turn out that way. So, I made my own recipe, and I call it Garlic Chicken Stir Fry.

  • 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 8 ozs. skinless chicken breast strips
  • 1 1/2 c bell pepper and onions, diced
  • 1/4 tsp red curry powder
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce-divided
  • 1 24 oz pkg Green Giant Pasta, Carrots, Broccoli, and Sugar Snap Peas in garlic sauce
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken, peppers, onions, and curry. About half way done, add 1 tbsp soy sauce; toss lightly. Cook and stir chicken until cooked through, about 6 minutes.
2. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Once it is finished, add it to the skillet with the chicken/veggie blend. Add the last tbsp of soy sauce, and continue to cook for 1 minute. Serve.

Your tastebuds will thank you.

No comments: