- 6 oz. uncooked whole wheat/whole grain spaghetti
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 c grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 16-20 oz jar of spaghetti sauce
- 1 7 oz can of whole kernel corn, drained
- 3/4 11 oz can of sweet white whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 green pepper, sliced in rings or strips, or diced
- 1 c shredded Italian blend cheese
Seasonings: Italian Seasoning, Garlic Salt, Chef Paul Prudhommes Pizza/Pasta Magic
1. Cook spaghetti as package directs; drain and rinse. Combine spaghetti, eggs, and Parmesan; toss lightly. Place in a greased 9 inch baking dish. Press over the bottom and up sides of pan.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef with onions; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce, seasonings, and corn. Heat over low heat until it thickens slightly, then spoon the beef-sauce mixture over spaghetti crust.
3. Top with bell pepper and sprinkle with mozzerella cheese. Sprinkle Italian Seasoning across top of cheese.
4. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
Make-Ahead Directions: Prepare as directed through Step 3. Cover pie plate with plastic wrap and then foil. Label and freeze for up to 3 months. To serve, thaw in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 days or until completely thawed. Prepare as directed through Step 4 but add 10 to 20 minutes to the baking time before adding the mozzarella cheese.