I have never made chicken and dumplings before, but I was bored of the same old foods and not feeling like doing any heavy cooking. Thank goodness for crockpots!! I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and tweaked it to my liking. It's defnitely worth a try, even if you have to control the insane urges you will get to devour the dumplings. They are THAT good. Not only were they THAT good, but it was very quickly put together as well.
- 4-5 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 10.5 oz cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 10 oz pkg Grands homestyle Biscuits, torn into pieces
- 1 10 oz pkg Pillsbury crescent rolls, unrolled, torn into pieces
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Place the chicken, butter, soup, and onion in a slow cooker, and fill with enough water to cover. Stir. Add in cinnamon, stir. Sprinkle to taste-salt and pepper, Tony Chachere's Magic Herb seasoning.
2. Cover and cook 5 hours on High. When the time is up, place the torn dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center, about 1 hour.
I am now enjoying the brothy soup that was left in the bottom of the crockpot after portioning out dinner. Yum! 2 meals in one!