Thursday, June 24, 2010

Chicken Salad-Perfect for Hot Day


This is not my picture, btw, but I have been searching for the PERFECT chicken salad recipe. Mine didn't turn out this pretty so I'm sharing the picture from the site instead of my own. But man is this yummy!! I'm not much of a sandwich eater, but I am ALWAYS up for chicken salad. This one beats all I have ever tasted. I omitted the grapes but added everything else, and YUM!!! Make this for your next get together, picnic, or even just for your own lunch!

2 c cooked chicken breast, shredded
1/2 c celery, chopped
1/4 c grapes, halved
2 tbsp. pistachios, chopped
2 tsp. sea salt
2 tsp. black pepper
2 tbsp. fresh tarragon
2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 c mayonnaise nouvelle – Low Fat
1/4 c ranch dressing (any kind but I prefer Hidden Valley)

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and blend well.

Bring on the delicious in all of 15 minutes prep time!!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I love chicken salad and this recipe sound delicious. I've been looking for easy lunch recipes to bring to work. I'll have to give this a try. Visiting from the Lady Blogger Tea Party!

Brandi @ Tweedle Dee Designs