Sunday, January 25, 2009

Oh so easy chicken gravy

Towards the end of the month, my pantry gets bare, and I often end up improvising. I made a delicious dinner of baked chicken, rice, and california blend veggies. I needed something to out over the rice and chicken once it was finished. Here's the easy and yummy gravy I made.

1 can cream of chicken soup
3/4 can of water
3 tbsp flour

1. Open the can of soup, pour in a small saucepan. Set burner at medium high heat for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Slowly add water until blended. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
2. Once the soup begins to boil add in the flour, stir until lumps are gone. Bring to a boil, let boil for a minute then remove from heat. Let it sit until ready to use, stirring occasionally.
3. Pour over food.

*Suggestion: Add the left over gravy to the left over rice and mix well. You have an instant side dish that tastes super yummy.

No comments: