Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Ever Popular Baked Ziti


This is not my recipe either, but I am a HUGE ziti fan. Imagine my joy to find a delicious, yet EASY recipe to make my own baked ziti for my family! I'm going to hit the grocery store so I can stock up on my supplies and make this scrumptious sounding recipe! Let me know what you think of it when you make it too!

  • 1 lb. ziti
  • 1/2 jar spaghetti sauce
  • 1 lb. Italian sausage
  • 12 oz. shredded Mozzarella cheese
  • Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
  • 2 t. chopped garlic
  • 1/2 cup chicken stock
1. Grease casserole dish. Bake Italian sausage in 350 oven until done (1/2 hr). Slice into 1" pieces on diagonal.
2. Cook onion and garlic in microwave on high for 1 minute.
3. Cook ziti according to directions on box.
4. Reduce oven heat to 325.
5. Drain ziti and mix with enough spaghetti sauce to coat. Mix with onion, garlic, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and sausage pieces. Add chicken stock.
6. Place half mixture in casserole dish. Top with 1/2 of Mozzarella cheese. Place remainder of ziti mixture on top. Cover lightly with spaghetti sauce (or to your taste). Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and then remaining Mozzarella cheese.
7. Bake in oven for 30 minutes until cheese is melted and ingredients heated through.

No comments: