Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Cheesy Chicken Rotini


I saw this recipe on the back of a box of Velveeta noodles and it made me drool so much I had to try it. Both my kids loved it, even Miss Picky, but the best part of it all? I only had 1 pot to clean up afterwards. It's also great for those evenings when you are running late and need to get the kids in bed because it only takes about 20 minutes, start to finish.

Taken from Kraft:

  • 1 pkg. VELVEETA Rotini and Cheese Whole Grain
  • 1 pkg. (16 oz) mixed vegetable blend
  • 1/4 c butter
  • 1 pkg. precooked grilled chicken strips (or 2 cups cooked chopped chicken), chopped
  • 1/2 tsp. black pepper
  • 1/4 tsp. garlic powder

I added:
  • 1/2 tsp. Emerils original seasoning
  • 1/4 tsp Mrs Dash Onion and herb seasoning
  • 1/4 tsp Tony Chachere's Magic Herbal blend
  • 1/2 tsp. Chef Paul Prudhomme Pizza and Pasta Magic (herbal blend)

1. Cook rotini in large saucepan as directed on package, adding vegetables when you add the noodles.
2. Drain rotini/vegetable mixture; return to saucepan. Stir in cheese sauce, butter, chicken, and seasonings.
3. Cook 1-2 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.

Yum!!!

No comments: