My friend passed this recipe along to me because she said she loved it, and she is not a baked chicken fan. I originally posted this in another blog thread, but it was so good, I had to give it it's own space. I served this with Oven Roasted Potatoes, uncut steamed green beans seasoned with salt, pepper, and butter, and fresh baked French bread. OMG, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. It was breaded but still juicy. Even the kids like this one!
- 1/2 c butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (or 2 tsp minced garlic from the jar)
- 3/4 c dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 c freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 c shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves-pounded thin
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat, and cook the garlic until tender, about 5 minutes.
3. In a shallow bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Cheddar cheese, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper.
4. Dip each chicken breast in the garlic butter to coat, then press into the bread crumb mixture. Arrange the coated chicken breasts in 9X13 baking dish. Drizzle with any remaining butter and top with any remaining bread crumb mixture.
5. Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.