I was looking for something different to try with the Garlic Cheddar Chicken, so I dug up a recipe for Oven Roasted Potatoes, and tweaked it, making it my own. Man, these came out good. I should have tried this A LONG TIME ago! My kids weren't much for eating them (maybe if I shaped them more like fries?), but my husband really liked them.
- 1 env. onion soup mix
- 3 lbs. small red potatoes (or new potatoes), cut in lg. chunks
- 1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp parsley
- 1/4 tsp Mrs Dash Onion and Herb Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp McCormick veggie seasoning
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
2. In a plastic bag, combine all ingredients. Close bag and shake until potatoes are evenly coated. Empty potatoes into shallow baking dish or roasting pan; discard bag.
3. Bake for 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender and golden brown.
**Note: I made this with the Garlic Cheddar Chicken, which bakes at 350, so I preheated the over to 450 and put the potatoes in. I let them bake for about 20 minutes while I prepped the chicken, and then decreased the oven temp to 350 and baked both the chicken and potatoes for 35 minutes.