Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Oven Roasted Potatoes


I was looking for something different to try with the Garlic Cheddar Chicken, so I dug up a recipe for Oven Roasted Potatoes, and tweaked it, making it my own. Man, these came out good. I should have tried this A LONG TIME ago! My kids weren't much for eating them (maybe if I shaped them more like fries?), but my husband really liked them.

  • 1 env. onion soup mix
  • 3 lbs. small red potatoes (or new potatoes), cut in lg. chunks
  • 1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/4 tsp parsley
  • 1/4 tsp Mrs Dash Onion and Herb Seasoning
  • 1/4 tsp McCormick veggie seasoning
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. In a plastic bag, combine all ingredients. Close bag and shake until potatoes are evenly coated. Empty potatoes into shallow baking dish or roasting pan; discard bag.
3. Bake for 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender and golden brown.

**Note: I made this with the Garlic Cheddar Chicken, which bakes at 350, so I preheated the over to 450 and put the potatoes in. I let them bake for about 20 minutes while I prepped the chicken, and then decreased the oven temp to 350 and baked both the chicken and potatoes for 35 minutes.

No comments: