Daily recipe emails are a marvelous thing. This wasn't one of the recipes from the email, but it was included in "best Casseroles" slides on the recipe site. We are pizza lovers here (who isn't?) and I decided this would be a nice, easy and HEALTHIER twist on traditional pizza. In fact, this was SO yummy, my husband asked to take it to work with him the next day, and the leftovers didn't remain in the refrigerator for long. Both of my children loved this one too! I served it with uncut green beans steamed and added butter and herbs.
- 1-1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 15-oz can Italian-style tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (6 ounces)
- 1 10-ounce package refrigerated biscuits (10 biscuits)*
- 15-20 slices of pepperoni (optional)