I've been doing a lot of browsing lately. I find these great recipes, make them, and move on. I don't know why, but it's just happened that way. This particular recipe is 100% NOT diabetic safe, so that tells you right off the bat that it is 150% delicious. The best part of all? You make it in the microwave. Doesn't that beat all? I've never thought that something "baked" in the microwave would ever, ever, EVER be this scrumptious. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, but it was a nice surprise. If food gave orgasms, this would be one of them. Yes, it's THAT good.
Speedy Lasagna Casserole
- 8 oz dried miniature lasagna noodles, broken or radiatore noodles
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 16 oz jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 c cream-style cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 3/4 c shredded mozzarella or Italian blend cheese (3 oz.)
- 1/4 tsp Chef Paul Prudhomme Pizza and Pasta Magic herbal blend
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp Mrs Dash Onion and Herbal seasoning
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
2. In a 12 inch skillet, brown sausage, adding in the seasonings. Drain fat. Add sausage to a 2 qt casserole dish.
3. Stir cooked pasta and pasta sauce into sausage in dish. Season to taste. Cover and microwave on high for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through, stirring once.4. In a medium bowl, stir together egg, cottage cheese, and Parmesan or Romano cheese. Spoon mixture over pasta mixture. Cover and microwave on high for 6 to 7 minutes more or until heated through. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Guess who is looking forward to lunch tomorrow?