So, I was looking for something quick, since I have been in a creative cooking lurch (you know, the chef's equivalent of writer's block) so I browsed the internet. I found a base recipe for this on PW's cookbook site and modified it the Kitchensmack way. My picky daughter had pizza, but, now get this....my son in all his 2 yr old glory, LOVED it. Finished his bowl and asked for "Mo, pwease". I gladly obliged him. So, here you go...
- 4 cans sliced new potatoes, quartered
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 14 oz beef broth
- 14 oz chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 pkg Butterball turkey kielbasa sausage
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, salt each
- 1/4 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 cup shredded fat free cheddar cheese
2. Using a whisk, gently mash the potatoes until the soup is a bit thicker, leaving chunks of potatoes.
3. Stir in the sausage and the can of chicken soup, mix well and let simmer until thickened and the soup is heated through. Add the cup of cheese to the soup, let simmer an additional minute and serve. Sprinkle more cheese over the top.